- Log in with your UMBC credentials to view the list of campus resources provided by CBEE’s Graduate Student Reps
Use this form to share
- comments or concerns about what is going on in the department
- announcement of achievements for you or a peer
Graduate Program Policies
The department’s Graduate Handbook, together with the UMBC Graduate Catalog, contain the general rules and regulations that apply to the graduate degree programs within the Department of Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering. All graduate students are expected to be familiar with this material, and each graduate student has the ultimate responsibility for following these rules and regulations.
To view the handbook, you must be logged in using your UMBC credentials.
- CBEE Departmental Graduate Handbook (Version: May 2023) – google doc (posted 06.14.2023)
- CBEE Departmental Graduate Handbook (Version: May 2023) – pdf (posted 06.14.2023)
- MS Thesis Proposal & Defense: Checklist
- Rotation: a) Plan, b) Report, c) Self-Evaluation
- PhD Qualifier: See Section 5.3.3 of CBEE Handbook
- PhD Proposal: Checklist
- PhD Defense and Graduation: Checklist
Classes & Coursework
- Core Curriculum:
- Electives & Credit Overage – pre-approved courses, Elective approval & Credit overage
- GA enrollment — GRAD 601 – save money
Annual Status Update Forms
The purpose of this form is to prompt a meaningful conversation between student and advisor fostering scientific and professional growth and progress toward degree completion. Projected Terms are not binding agreements, but rather reasonable expectations for degree milestones.
Due Sept 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHD – Annual Status Update : Google Doc OR Google Spreadsheet (new)
- MS – Annual Status Update: Google Spreadsheet (new)
- Academic Integrity Letter From Provost Rous, August 2019
- Statement of Values for Student Academic Integrity at UMBC, February 2001
Travel Guidelines / Pre-approval / Reimbursement
- Travel Instructions – CBEE Graduate Students
- UMBC Travel Reimbursement rates and other resources
- UMBC Transit – between ENG & TRC (Stops 11 & 12 are near TRC)
CBEE Student Organizations (GSOs) & Student Reps
These two Graduate Student Organizations work closely together to support the students though a variety of events and activities. The Graduate Student Representatives work to increase interaction among the CBEE graduate students and between the graduate students and faculty in the department, and between the current graduate students and alumni of the department.
‘CBEE GSO‘ is the Graduate Student Organization for students in CBEE. Email CBEEGSO@umbc.edu with any questions. Events hosted by the CBEEGSO will be sent to the email@example.com. If you are not on this email list and would like to be, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate School Resources
- UMBC New Student Checklist
- UMBC Graduate Assistant (GA) Handbook (NEW SPRING 2020)
- Graduate Catalog – Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Graduate Catalog – Environmental Engineering
- Graduation requirements: PhD
- Graduation requirements: MS