The department’s Graduate Handbook, together with the UMBC Graduate Catalog, contain the general rules and regulations that apply to the graduate degree programs within the Department of Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering. All graduate students are expected to be familiar with this material, and each graduate student has the ultimate responsibility for following these rules and regulations.
- CBEE Departmental Graduate Handbook (Version: December 2019)
- Pre-approved Elective Courses offered outside of CBEE
- Annual Evaluation Forms (Due Aug 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PhD Qualifier Rubric
- Academic Integrity
- ETravel Instructions – CBEE Graduate Students
- UMBC Transit – between ENG & TRC (Stops 11 & 12 are near TRC)
- Graduate Student Organization (BioCHEGS)
Biochemical Engineering Graduate Students (BioChEGS) was established to increase interaction among the graduate students in the Department of Chemical, Biochemical & Environmental Engineering at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), between the graduate students and faculty in the department, and between the current graduate students and alumni of the department.
Graduate School Resources
- UMBC New Student Checklist
- UMBC Graduate Assistant (GA) Handbook (NEW SPRING 2020)
- Completion of Duties Form (FALL & WINTER due Feb 15; SPRING due Aug 1 ; SUMMER due Sept 15 to email@example.com)
- Graduate Catalog – Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Graduate Catalog – Environmental Engineering
- Graduation requirements: PhD
- Graduation requirements: MS
- Progressions and Graduation Forms
Original Signatures (not electronic signatures) are needed on all Graduate School Progressions FormsPlease send an electronic copy of all signed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting them to the Graduate School.
- Admission to Candidacy [DocuSign] (Complete this after you pass your proposal defense)
- Nomination of Committee Members [DocuSign] (Complete this AT LEAST 6 months prior to your dissertation defense)
- Announcement Form (Due two (2) weeks before the defense)
- Readiness to Defend Form [DocuSign] (Due two (2) weeks before the defense)