Use this form to share
- comments or concerns about what is going on in the department
- announcement of achievements for you or a peer
Graduate Program Policies
The department’s Graduate Handbook, together with the UMBC Graduate Catalog, contain the general rules and regulations that apply to the graduate degree programs within the Department of Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering. All graduate students are expected to be familiar with this material, and each graduate student has the ultimate responsibility for following these rules and regulations.
To view the handbook, you must be logged in using your UMBC credentials.
- CBEE Departmental Graduate Handbook (Version: December 2020) (posted 12.16.2020)
- CBEE Departmental Graduate Handbook (Version: December 2019)
- Rotation: a) Plan, b) Report, c) Self-Evaluation
- Qualifier: See Section 5.3.3 of Handbook vDec.2020
- Proposal: CBEE PhD Proposal Checklist
- Defense and Graduation: CBEE PhD Defense and Graduation Checklist
- Core Curriculum:
- Electives – pre-approved courses
- GA Enrollment Options (GRAD 600, GRAD 601, and GRAD 603)
Annual Status Update Forms
Due Sept 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Integrity Letter From Provost Rous, August 2019
- Statement of Values for Student Academic Integrity at UMBC, February 2001
- Travel Instructions – CBEE Graduate Students
- UMBC Transit – between ENG & TRC (Stops 11 & 12 are near TRC)
- Chemical & Biochemical Engineering Graduate Student Organization (BioCHEGS) was established to increase interaction among the graduate students in the Department of Chemical, Biochemical & Environmental Engineering at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), between the graduate students and faculty in the department, and between the current graduate students and alumni of the department.
- Environmental Engineering Graduate Student Organization (GEE) was established to increase interaction among the graduate students in the Department of Chemical, Biochemical & Environmental Engineering at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), between the graduate students and faculty in the department, and between the current graduate students and alumni of the department.
These two Graduate Student Organizations work closely together to support the students though a variety of events and activities.
Graduate School Resources
- UMBC New Student Checklist
- UMBC Graduate Assistant (GA) Handbook (NEW SPRING 2020)
- Completion of Duties Form (FALL & WINTER due Feb 15; SPRING due Aug 1 ; SUMMER due Sept 15 to email@example.com)
- Graduate Catalog – Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Graduate Catalog – Environmental Engineering
- Graduation requirements: PhD
- Graduation requirements: MS