Skip to Main Content

Fellowships and Financial Support

financialGraduate teaching and research assistantships are available to qualified candidates through the Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering program.

Most Ph.D. students admitted to the department are paid a stipend that is approximately the same as stipends paid at other major research universities across the country. In addition, health care insurance is provided and students receive tuition remission.

University fellowships may also be obtained. More information on funding opportunities can be found by visiting UMBC’s Graduate School website.

Research & Travel Grants are also provided via the Graduate Student Association.